A Step by Step Guide to Make an Event Memorable
Imagine a bride dreaming about how her wedding will pan out… What dress will she wear, how will the invite look, where will she tie the knot, who will come to perform at the reception, what cuisines will be served…
Now think of a big cultural festival in a desert with thousands of tourists and visitors being thrilled by cultural performances of the Kalbelia, beautifully decorated camels, musical nights amongst the stars and daal bati and laal maans.
What do they both have in common? The answer lies in the fact that behind each successful event is a great event management company.
Event planning is an art and science in itself. The challenge of planning and managing an event varies according to the size & scale of the event.
Though the basics of most of the events remain the same, the same components become complex with more variables for big ticketed events.
The prime challenge, in any event, is to keep the guests engaged. In the words of Rehan Waris, “multilevel multitasking multiplied multiple times is event management”.
What is an Event?
For ages, humans have discovered ways to mark the noteworthy days of their lives, making them an element of cultural representation. Ideally, an event is a planned public congregation for multiple purposes such as celebrations, corporate meetings, and so on. Whether it is a tourism festival, wedding celebration, conference, or a birthday, the event you stage reflects your efficiency as a planner.
What are the Types of Events?
To know how to plan an event, let us start by recapitulating the different categories of events:
They represent the coming together of two souls and are a celebration time for friends and families. The aim of the wedding planner is to create an unforgettable experience by curating every aspect of the wedding. There has to be a personalized and professional approach to a wedding.
It’s not just about the invites or ambience at the venue or entertainment; it’s also about ensuring warm hospitality, weaving concepts and themes, and making the dreams and family aspirations a reality.
Private or Social Events:
These are intimate gatherings of selected people to celebrate landmark occasions like birthdays, anniversaries, private or professional milestone events. These events are a great excuse for friends and family to come together and spend time with each other.
Events related to tourism see a huge footfall as they inspire people of all age groups and gender. Whether it is a kite festival organized by a state or a cultural festival promoting arts and crafts, it is a mammoth task and needs seasoned event management capabilities to successfully execute such events.
As the name suggests, corporate events are organized by businesses to promote their brand and products, also for team building as well as for employee rewards and recognition. The basic aim of such events is to get people to come together and connect, not just as professionals, but as individuals also.
Such interactions lead to lifelong relationships and trust building among people. Examples include business dinners, product launches, business meetings, incentive trips, team building, and annual day among others.
What Are the Steps to Plan an Event?
From the point of view of the host, the following steps can be used to broadly plan an event:
- Creating the vision of the event: Since planning an event is a challenging task, the first step should be to figure out the vision or goal of the event. This gives an idea as to what you as the host want from the event whether it is a wedding, a social event, a corporate, or a tourism event.
- Selecting the event manager: The next step is to meet with and finalize your event expert. The event management company has to be in sync with your aspirations and outlook on how the event will take place.
- Picking the date and venue: It must be determined whether the date is more important or the venue or both. If it is a wedding and the bride and groom have decided on a particular destination, then the dates become secondary. If it is a corporate annual day event, then the date is fixed and the venue may change. For a tourism fair, both the date and venue may be fixed in advance.
Once all the steps for event planning are determined, it is time for the event manager to create a master plan that will ensure that every aspect is on the right track, thereby making coordination easier for the success of your event. The master plan, as highlighted by any event planning guide, should include aspects such as:
- Contracts, permits, insurance, etc. of the venue and government norms
- Choosing the appropriate catering partner
- Identifying, confirming, logistics & management of speakers and presenters
- Event decoration ideas
- The activities and entertainment to be staged
- Both online and offline publicity and promotion
- Registration into the event through online or onsite sign-ups, payment, and tracking, etc.
- Managing the sponsors and partners associated with the event
- Managing the volunteers and the responsibilities assigned to them
- Creating a detailed timeline helps the event run smoothly
Bring E-Factor to Your Event
We hope that the above event management planning guide will help to make your event memorable. If you are thinking of organizing an event that will be remembered for its larger than life, set-ups, and formats, E-Factor is your one-stop destination.
As an awe-inspiring event management company, we undertake assignments in the form of mega ground concerts, televised events, Government-commissioned tourism events and festivals, private social events, and dream weddings!